This position is available on-site (Brisbane) only.
If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the opportunity
We want to hire exceptional talent to grow the Outfit platform and brand. You will be working with a dynamic, highly capable team of developers who love what they do and are always learning from each other.
You will be based in a collaborative work environment with an excellent culture and workspace. This is an opportunity to work with world-class technologies and develop solutions that will be adopted on a global scale.
At Outfit, there is genuine, ongoing opportunities to develop your career towards team or technical leadership.
This position reports to the Head of Technology.
Success Factors and Skills
- Initiative and accountability to prioritise tasks and make critical decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to articulate yourself to both technical and non-technical people.
- Team-work skills including build rapport with others, giving and receiving feedback and facilitating internal discussions.
- 8+ years experience in test-driven practices, unit testing and mocking frameworks, applying those principles to large complex codebases.
- 8+ years experience with back-end technologies (Ruby and Rails - JS and NodeJS is a plus), designs patterns and open source tools.
- 3+ years experience in API design/delivery using RESTful, SOAP and GraphQL interfaces.
- Good analytical skills for solution design, software build and problem resolution.
- Deliver production-ready solutions
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimisation and functionality
- Assist in the production of systems design artefacts such as integration plans, wireframes, process or workflow designs, and functional design documents
- Participate in deployment activities on a roster or as required basis
- Provide mentoring to other team members as well as others in the business as practical
- Transform business requirements and user stories in product features that may involve developing in different languages and technologies.
- Successfully design and implement business critical solutions that take into consideration security, high-availability and code maintenance.
- Continually perform code review and knowledge transfer to other developers on a regular basis.
- Support management team, partners and customers with technology knowledge advice.
- You are passionate about elegant code, design patterns, software architecture, development best practices and abreast of new technologies, frameworks and other languages.
- You’re willing to learn and mentor other developers to achieve exceptional results.
- You demonstrate strong initiative and a proactive nature.
- You’ll be as committed to excellence as the rest of the team