Senior Developer - Full Time - Brisbane
We are looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer, who is ready to take their career to the next level. If you love fast-growing SaaS start-ups, you are passionate about building software that customers love and keen to go on a rapid personal growth journey - read on!
We are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to support us in the reimplementing (and enhancement) of an existing application targeted toward the construction industry. You will need to be highly adaptable, a fast learner and able to add value to the project with your expertise!
Our developers contribute by proposing efficient or best approaches to providing a technical solution. Creative thinking and an awareness of industry-standard development strategies will be key for the role.
You will join the team as a Developer and are given the chance to really take ownership, drive, and influence the best technical direction whilst working on this exciting new project.
If you’re looking for an exciting new project to work on, we’re very keen to hear from you!
What’s on offer?
- A chance to work in a fast-growing SaaS startup with a modern product culture.
- The opportunity to directly solve a critical gap within the Construction Industry, utilising technology to increase efficiencies, maximise productivity, improve reporting and decrease costs.
- This is a high-impact role, with engineering involved in both design and delivery of solving our customer problems.
- Hybrid model of work (home and office).
Who are we looking for?
- People who love solving customer problems and take a simple and flexible approach. We’re looking for Rubyists who think in terms of outcomes (not outputs) and deeply care about users.
- You’ll be working on a brand-new application with a fresh new team, keeping it simple with a Rails app serving up pages to a thin client. Test driven development is the norm here, as is high-quality, lightweight OO code.
Experience & Skills:
- Demonstrable commercial full stack Ruby on Rails development experience (5+ years)
- Proven record of building sophisticated Rails applications that integrates with various third-party services
- Proven experience with Linux, preferably experience setting up Ruby on Rails in a Linux environment
- Proven experience with relational data modelling and SQL
- Proven experience analysing existing application processes and designing and implementing improvements
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM related development methodologies and technologies
Customer Centricity is #1
We think in (customer) outcomes not outputs, e.g. impact, not (how much) output.
We all deeply care about our users and look for ways to delight them.
Pumped about hitting BIG goals as part of a high performing team.
Highly driven to accelerate our own personal growth & careers.
We are learning machines; curious & open-minded.
We take on ‘radical ownership’ e.g. “What could I have done differently/better?”
Awesome to work with
We have a ‘can do’ attitude… you constantly hear; “how can I help?”
We are pragmatic & humble… and we’re fun to work with!
No mind reading required
We speak up & share what’s on our mind.
There’s no politics, no games here. People know what’s going on & where they stand.
KISS: Keep it simple
We obsess over making things easy.
We have mantra of simplicity, which includes “improve, don’t invent”.
No jargon, simple English.
For more information or to apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Tiffany English: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can apply on seek: Senior Developer (Ruby on Rails) Job in Brisbane - SEEK