My name is Tommy and I am one of the co-founders of Biteable, a SaaS
platform for generating animated video for communication.
As a Ruby developer at Biteable you will be working on expanding and
maintaining our mostly RESTful API. The codebase is on Rails 5.2 and has
been continually upgraded* since 3.2.
Your main focus will be designing and authoring great code. Your tasks will
- Writing clear, concise, readable and easily maintainable code
- Contributing to team planning sessions
- Providing input on the design and build of features, products, and APIs
- Deploying your work to production regularly and monitoring it after
- Providing technical help for the customer support team as part of a
Biteable is a tech start-up that makes (jaw-dropping) videos possible for
everyone. We stand apart in our market thanks to our dedication to
studio-quality content and our passion for simplicity. We aim to be the
video marketing platform.
The roles are full time and are based in Collingwood, Melbourne, or Hobart
CBD, remote work will be considered.
Salary is commensurate with experience and location, we have range of
$85,000 to $110,000 + super (with some flexibility).
We are looking at what traditionally would be called mid to senior roles,
we do not use those terms internally, all developers have the title
To apply write to us email@example.com with the subject “Software
Developer”. Attach your CV and a killer cover letter.
The step after that is a coding challenge and a video interview.
Some other nitty gritty;
- Ruby 2.5
- Rails 5.2
- PostgreSQL 9.4
- We are all over AWS
- Buildkite for CI
- JSON-API jsonapi.org
- Ember and Vue clients
* Whether you consider Rails 4 and 5 to be upgrades is up to you