ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
You’ll be part of our product team, which is multidisciplinary with design,
front-end and back-end engineering combined. We’re a small, growing team,
that is solving some of the most interesting problems in creative commerce
We’re a Ruby shop, so we expect you to know Rails really well. We just
finished a Rails 4.2 -> 5.2 migration and we are planning to keep the Rails
and Ruby version up to date all the time.
We use Postgres 9.5, ElasticSearch 5.6 and hosted on Heroku, so there are
no server administration hassles – we all sleep well!
RSpec is the main framework for our unit and integration test. And, we of
course have a CI.
Some heavy front-end parts of the application use Angular.JS 1.x and for
all new stuff we use Vue.JS (where it makes sense to do so!).
The application itself is a classic server-side rendered Rails app, with
some small architecture improvements to make things nice and clean, and so
far it’s working great for us.
We’re open to remote for this role – however, you must be based somewhere
You’re experienced, pragmatic and most importantly, a developer that’s
passionate about your craft.
You view programming as a hobby, and not just a source of income. Of
course, that doesn’t mean we won’t pay you well! We just want to make sure
that you’re a constant learner, open to new things and always looking for a
way to improve and grow as a professional.
We’re a product-first company, and you’re a product-first developer. You
share our vision that the product and customer experience is the most
important part of our craft – not the tech, language or framework.
- You have a deep understanding of how software is built and deployed
- You can demonstrate significant impact that your work has had on a
product and/or the team
- Passionate and motivated about creating great customer experiences that
solve real problems
- Ability to communicate effectively with product and design
- Similarly, you have very strong verbal and written English communication
- We offer a competitive salary
- Flexible work hours – work when you’re most productive and have good
- We have a growth and development budget – ‘keep learning’ is one of our
core values as continuous improvement is super important to us
- We’ll hook you up with a new MacBook, or whatever you need to get the job
- We’re a small team, so you’ll have a big and meaningful impact on our
growing community of creative entrepreneurs that are building their
business on our platform
Please apply through Angel List.
Within your application, please write “I’ve got attention to detail”. This
is our pre-qualifier and will help us to filter out those that didn’t read
this job ad properly or that actually lacks attention to detail, which is
an important skill to us.
Once we receive your application (and pending you pass our little test
above), we’ll send you our short take home test to work on in your own
time. The next step will be a phone interview with one of our team, which
will focus on technical questions. The final step is an in-person culture
fit interview with one of our founders in our Sydney office.
Please note, we’re open to remote for this position, but you must be based
We look forward to hearing from you!