2019.11.19 18:00 [Sydney] Rorosyd - Ruby or Rails User Group Sydney

Rorosyd - Ruby or Rails User Group Sydney

When: November 19, 2019 at 18:00
Where: 80 Pacific Hwy - 80 Pacific Hwy, North Sydney
RSVPs: 66

Welcome to the November 2019 edition of ROROSyd! Our thanks go to this month's venue sponsor: Jora, who have kindly let us use their office in North Sydney.

We may be heading towards the end of the year, but we're not slowing down, and have got a bumper line-up of talks for you covering a diverse swath of the Ruby-verse!

Presentations - ~15 minutes

Teaching Rails: What I Unlearned so my Students could Succeed
- Rishikesh Tirumala

Introduction to Machine Learning in Ruby
- Hemanth Haridas :: @hhemanth

Lightning Talks - ~5 minutes

Building a simple app at Rails Girls using Ruby on Rails
- Josephine Chong & Jo Dunham :: @jytc_ & @CodeTravelled

Exercism: Simple Cipher
- Su Win :: @Su77491710

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Rob, Paul, Mat

---

Follow us on Twitter at @rorosyd!

Want to speak at RORO event? Tell us about what you want to present here! https://github.com/rails-oceania/roro/issues

Want to host a RORO event? Get in touch with the organisers either at the meetup or via Twitter! @rorosyd, @paulfioravanti, @robcornish, @matpushbuttons

ROROSyd is run under the Ruby Australia Code of Conduct. We want to provide a friendly and welcoming environment for everyone who attends, where harassment of any kind is not tolerated. More details can be found here: https://ruby.org.au/code-of-conduct

Note: replies in this topic are synchronized with the meetup event comments

Enrique Salceda

Hi guys, I work for Shippit and we would like to host RORO Sydney in January -> enrique.salceda@shippit.com

Enrique Salceda

I just created an issue on the github page about the hosting proposal.

Mathew Button

Hey Enrique, sorry I missed this message.

I’ve been in touch with Rheanna and we had originally settled on December to host RORO at shippit, could you please touch base with her to check. As we’re not able to do January due to it being our month off. Our next available Month other than December 2019 is March 2020.

Rowena

Will talk details be updated “soon”?

Andrew Leonard

Great meetup tonight. Really enjoyed the ML presentation. Learnt more about ML than my uni professor taught me!

**Sam Elderfield **

Thanks for last night guys! Great talks! If anyone is seeking work that I didn’t get a chance to connect with give me a call on 0468 591 683 happy to chat about what you are looking for and if I can help. I