On October 14th at 7:00pm AEDT / 6:30pm ACDT / 6:00pm AEST / 5:30pm ACST / 4:00pm AWST, Ruby Australia will be holding our Annual General Meeting online.
This General Meeting is an opportunity for both the committee to report back to the community on what’s been happening, and also for you to ask questions and raise issues with the committee. All members of the association are welcome to attend (you can confirm your membership by signing up on https://ruby.org.au).
As part of the proceedings, there will be committee elections for the roles of President, Treasurer, Secretary, and two General Members. We’ve detailed more about these roles elsewhere on the forum, and encourage people to submit nominations (whether for themselves or for others in the community).
If you wish to have a vote at the meeting, but are unable to make it, you can register a proxy representative to vote on your behalf.
Our draft agenda is below. It may change, and we welcome further suggestions.
- Acknowledgement of Country
- Welcome and Introductions
- Ruby Australia’s Purpose
- Introduce Current Committee
- Ratify minutes from the previous general meeting (May 12th 2019)
- President’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Sponsorship for 2019/2020 Financial Year
- Event Reports
- Rails Camp 25 (Perth) - Vanessa Nimmo, Celia King, Sam Cochran
- Rails Camp 26 (Melbourne) - Cameo Langford, Celia King, Vanessa Nimmo
- Rails Camp 27
- RubyConf AU 2020 - Rachael Goodenough et al
- RubyConf AU 2021
- Committee Elections
- 2 x General Members
- Thank you to the outgoing committee members
- General Business
If you’ve any thoughts, questions or feedback about this meeting, please do respond here or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.