On April 27th 2020 at 7:00pm AEST / 6:30pm ACST / 5:00pm AWST, Ruby Australia will be holding our Special General Meeting online.
This General Meeting is an opportunity for both the committee to report back to the community on what’s been happening, and also for you to ask questions and raise issues with the committee. All members of the association are welcome to attend (you can confirm your membership by signing up on https://ruby.org.au).
As part of the proceedings, there will be committee elections for the roles of Vice President and two General Members. We’ve detailed more about these roles elsewhere on the forum, and encourage people to submit nominations (whether for themselves or for others in the community).
If you wish to have a vote at the meeting, but are unable to make it, you can register a proxy representative to vote on your behalf, which can be done on ruby.org.au.
Our draft agenda is below. It may change, and we welcome further suggestions.
- Acknowledgement of Country
- Welcome and Introductions
- Ruby Australia’s Purpose
- Introduce Current Committee
- Ratify minutes from the previous general meeting (October 14th 2019)
- President’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Sponsorship Report
- Event Reports
- Rails Camp 26 (Melbourne) - Celia King, Vanessa Nimmo, Cameo Langford
- Rails Camp 27 (Adelaide) - Kieran Andrews et al
- RubyConf AU 2020 - Rachael Goodenough et al
- RubyConf AU 2021
- Committee Elections
- Vice President
- 2 x General Members
- Thank you to the outgoing committee members
- General Business
If you’ve any thoughts, questions or feedback about this meeting, please do respond here or email us: email@example.com.