Flaunter makes it easy for lifestyle brands to reach new audiences by
connecting their pictures with the best storytellers. We work with some of
the world’s largest brands and publishers. Launched in October 2015 we’re
backed by world-class accelerator Startmate, Macdoch Ventures, Evolve
Private Capital, angel investors Craig Shapiro and Alex de Aboitiz.
The Flaunter team is on the hunt for an experienced and passionate lead
engineer to take our existing platform to the next level. We’ve just closed
a funding round and have revenue. This is a huge opportunity to join a
fast-growing company and play a significant role in the engineering
direction - with substantial equity and cash compensation.
- Be responsible for the management and future development of all aspects
of the Flaunter platforms;
- Scope further software development opportunities for the platforms;
- Planning, architecting and developing product enhancements;
- Helping shape the strategic direction of our software;
- Guidance and leadership to supporting developers in the team.
As our engineering lead, you will be instrumental in helping us grow and
scale the business. Your voice will have a significant impact on our
business. You will need:
- 5+ years’ commercial software development experience (including two years
- A focus on detail including around automated tests and documenting your
- Experience scaling and optimising web applications;
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements;
- Hands-on and detail-oriented;
- An understanding of what we’re doing (and why) and a passion to get
- Eager to grow and mentor the engineering team.
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a tech start-up;
- Computer Science or engineering degree;
- DevOps experience;
- Passion for great UX.
Flaunter is a small but awesome and extremely dedicated team. We have a
culture based on talent, passion, ingenuity, fun, and determination. And
with a large global problem to solve - we’re only just getting started.
- With already strong and growing revenue our business is entering an
exciting phase as we’ve closed our second funding round to support a focus
on growth and platform development;
- You’ll form an integral part of our founding team and help shape our
- You will have autonomy and ownership of technical direction and strategy;
- You will share in our successes via our Employee Share Option Plan; and
- You’ll join our fun and creative office on Oxford St Darlinghurst, a
short walk to Central, Town Hall or Museum Stations.
$90K – $120K
1.0% – 3.0%
We’d love to hear from you - please send through your CV or LinkedIn
profile to Gaby at firstname.lastname@example.org with some details about yourself:
- Tell us about yourself - include how you heard about Flaunter and the
position, your visa situation, and how you meet the skills and requirements
for the role;
- Tell us about the most difficult project you’ve worked on and why was it
- Tell us about the most technically impressive thing you’ve ever built;
- Tell us about the largest deployment you’ve worked on.