Senior Ruby/Ruby on Rails Developer
What you will do:
Here’s short summary of some key accountabilities (please contact for more details)
- Become the domain expert.
- Understand the technical dependencies, designs and challenges facing your stream.
- Participate in Agile inception phases, contributing to user stories, story estimation and prioritization.
- Together with the Solution and Product Lead, deliver code that adheres to internal coding standards and guidelines.
- As part of an Agile team you will at times be assisting outside of your core specialist skills, assisting and leading areas such as deployments and testing.
- Participating in design reviews with the whole team including proof of concept phases to ensure the designs align with the business’ target architectural direction and industry best practices.
What you will bring:
- 5+ years’ experience working as a (Senior) Developer
- Minimum 2+ year Ruby / Ruby on Rails
- Solid testing skills (experience with TDD, BDD, Mocking)
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Redis
- Java / C / C++ / Python
- Gitlab, GitHub, or other PR based workflow
- Stanford NLP, Mallet, NLTP (highly desirable)
- iOS / Android experience (desirable)
- Experience in start-up organisations desirable
You will be part of a new, related business for an ASX listed company. The group will be operating in a true start up environment and culture. (We’ll give you full disclosure when you get in touch)
Location: Melbourne - close to the CBD
Salary: Up to $140K inc super
Length of contract: This is a permanent role
Please contact me on 0421 381 834 or email@example.com