Ruby Australia - Committee Meeting - 20th June 2017
- Lauren Hennessy (President)
- Toby Nieboer (VP)
- Jo Cranford (Treasurer)
- Ryan Bigg (Secretary)
- Nick Wolf (General Member)
- Caitlin Palmer-Bright (General Member)
- Rachelle LeQuesne
- Anton Katunin
- Ryan has lodged it with Consumer Affairs
- Caitlin put it up on the website, it now lives at https://ruby.org.au/constitution. Please have a read.
Funds allocation to meetups (Ryan)
- Are meetups taking advantage (in a good way) of the funding we’re giving them?
- Discuss Marketplacer sponsoring the Melbourne Ruby meetup “directly”
- JC: Perth has started claiming money for food, Brisbane has been paying for food.
- NW: If Adelaide misses a meet up, what happens to the funds that we allocate to that meet up?
- JC: We don’t have them allocated formally. They just spend the money and then invoice us.
- LH: That’s right, it’s “after the fact”
Marketplacer sponsoring Melbourne Ruby Drinks
- RB: Is this something that we want to support? Marketplacer giving funds directly to the Melbourne meetup? Given that we have other sponsors with different arrangements?
[redacted discussion due to possibly sensitive information]
- TN: How much did it all cost last meetup, Ryan? - RB: About $1,350 - TN: What if we just bring it back under us?
- JC: I would propose that as long as we’re not putting our sponsors off (they’re big supporters of the community) then I think it’s fine.
- TN: Ryan and I will have a word to the Melbourne organisers.
- Toby + Ryan to talk about this in the sekret melbourne-meetup channel.
- Lauren suggests creating correspondence with meetup organisers making it clear what sponsors expect at meetups. She’ll work with Nick on building this.
Reinteractive Community Sponsorship Proposal (Lauren)
[REDACTED due to possibly sensitive information discussed]
TL;DR: reInteractive wants to be a “Community Sponsor” due to their operation of the Installfest events (at a cost of $23k), as these events massively benefit the community. Ruby AU committee discussed supporting this, ultimately agreeing to a sponsorship level equivalent to a Sapphire level sponsorship, but with no tickets.
- Committee to offer reinteractive benefits equivalent to Sapphire level sponsorship, but with no tickets.
Website rebuild (Lauren)
- Progress report
- It hasn’t been going yet! LH handed it over to Anton, and we need to get back in touch with Richie about it.
- Lauren speak with Anton + Richie and get the process moving again.
Mailing address / PO Box (Ryan)
- Currently a work-in-progress
- There’s a waitlist on the collins street post office
- Haven’t looked at the Bourke Street post office yet
- Considering one in Ivanhoe… when I can get to the post office + it’s open
- We’ll probably need a “medium box”
- May need to get an ABR certificate first. Still need to call ABR to figure it out.
- We need a VIC-based PO Box since the association is incorporated in Victoria.
- Ryan to keep progressing on this, probably looking at the Collins Street or Bourke Street post offices.
Legality of alcohol at camps (Lauren)
- LH: I want a document which explains what is / isn’t legal in each different state in terms of alcohol serving. This will help camp organisers.
- TN: I think you should talk with Tom about that too
- Caitlin to do research on this for camps (RSA?)
Budget for next year (Jo)
- JC: Toby, Nick and I are working on the budget, we have a draft version and will discuss in the committee channel. The big thing is the conference. Ideally we’ll find some more Opal/Amber sponsors.
- Jo, Toby & Nick to work together on building the budget for the next financial year.