ReadyTech (ASX:RDY) is a leading provider of mission-critical people
management software for educators, employers and facilitators of career
We provide modern, cloud-based technology in the exciting environments of
EdTech and HRTech.
We’re looking for a number of Ruby on Rails Engineers (mid/senior) to join
our growing agile engineering team. Our engineers play a fundamental role
in the full software life cycle, shaping the design and architecture of our
mission-critical SaaS applications.
This role will join an existing Australian based team of engineers. While
all roles are based in Sydney and we prefer local developers, remote
applicants will also be reviewed.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with the Product and Engineering teams to plan, design and
develop software solutions
- Actively seek opportunities to improve processes
- Actively participate in all agile ceremonies
- Mentor junior level engineers
To thrive in this opportunity, you will have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- A deep understanding of Ruby language/Rails framework
- Ability to work completely autonomously (if required) on a wide range
of development tasks
- Strong knowledge of git
- An understanding of software programming principles. Able to clearly
articulate those principles in the development and design discussions.
- Minimum 5+ years of commercial software development experience, at
least 2-3 in Ruby on Rails.
- Advanced proficiency with RDBMSs. Able to write performant SQL queries
of arbitrary complexity (Postgresql/MySQL)
- Strong awareness of operational risks associated with DB schema
changes, production DB modifications, and query performance
- Strong architectural knowledge
Sounds like you?
Go ahead and apply now, we’d love to hear from you!
Visit our careers pages and add your application.