We have five open positions which include President, Treasurer and Secretary, plus two full-term general member positions. Below is a brief description of each position, as well as some general information on the workings of the committee and the current direction and focus.
We also have a nomination form to help streamline the meeting.
Each committee member is expected to attend a monthly 1 hour online meeting (scheduled around all members other commitments), and to have regular access to Slack, 1Password and Google Docs. These are minimal requirements for staying in contact with the rest of the committee and accessing required files and login information. The time outputs outlined below are loose, with more time often needed at crucial points throughout the year and less at other times.
Critical points are usually:
- Turnover of committee members (after each Rails Camp)
- Weeks before RubyConf and Rails Camps
- Turnover of the financial year
Or read more about other positions
We’ve been making great strides on our goals for 2017:
- Streamline onboarding of new committee members
- Refine the yearly sponsorship model
- Gain greater knowledge of our membership base and communicate better with members
- Continue to streamline the organising and running of major events through guides and support from previous organisers
- Refine our Code of Conduct to be clearer and define an internal protocol for handling complaints and breaches
We’d love for you to help us reach them!
Particular skills we would love to add to the team are:
- Sponsorship: the ability to secure sponsorships and maintain contact with sponsors to ensure good relationships are in place
- Membership: a working knowledge of community membership bases, record keeping and communication
- Code of Conduct: experience with instating or amending Code of Conduct documents and/or enforcing them, particularly within community groups
- Social media: skills in social media engagement, blog writing, mailouts, or other forms of external communication
We welcome anyone who is interested in joining the team to step forward, but if you have skills or passion for any of the goals outlined above then we will be especially lucky to have you.
As it’s common for existing members to move into open positions, we encourage nominees to consider which positions they would be interested in accepting before the meeting. If you want any more information about the committee, please feel free to contact us. Otherwise, get nominating!