Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organisations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organisations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
As Zendesk has grown over the past nine years, we have continued to innovate and introduce a great diversity within our product suite. Zendesk now has seven products to help companies engage with their customers over any channel they prefer: voice, chat, email and web.
As a result of our growing operations in the APAC region, we’re now seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our established Melbourne team. You could be responsible for the development of innovative platforms, enabling our customers to extend the functionality of Zendesk.
What you can help us iterate on:
- A commercialised platform on which developers can build their business.
- The discoverability, availability, and configuration of Zendesk Apps across the Zendesk product suite.
- Tools with which app developers can easily own their app development and submission workflow.
- Providing a resilient, performant, and valuable service, for all Zendesk customers.
Your opportunity to work on a team that aspires to:
- Own their product; we share a vision for what we build
- Make reliability, stability, and consistency features of our Products
- Challenge assumptions and embrace change
- Deliver measurable value to customers as often as possible
- Use data wherever possible to drive prioritisation, decision-making, and validate success
- Build a shared culture and responsibility for testing
Knowledge of these technologies is useful, but can also be learned on the job:
- Ruby, RoR
- Experience with a front-end framework like React, AngularJS or similar
- Docker, Kubernetes, NGINX
- Travis CI, Jenkins, Samson, AWS
What you bring to the role:
- A background in shipping high-quality web applications
- An eye for good design, usability, and accessibility
- A collaborative mindset and good communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to mentor other engineers
In return for your skills and experience, you’ll receive a highly competitive salary package and work in a central CBD location in bright, modern offices. We’re also keen on ongoing learning so you’ll develop your skills through pair programming, lunch and learns, hackathons, lab days to experiment with new ideas and a yearly training allowance too. In addition, you’ll be invited, and encouraged, to take part in company-sponsored volunteer initiatives.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.