About the company
About the position
Term: Fixed term, 12 months with the chance to extend
Location: Brisbane office with potential for partial working from home arrangements.
Candidates: This position is open to Australian citizens and residents who have the approval to work in Australia
You will be working in a dynamic environment and be responsible for designing, developing, securing and operating a range of cutting edge technologies that meet the needs of an evolving nationally and internationally connected identity federation.
You will have a strong desire to learn new technologies and frameworks, contribute ideas and deliver real outcomes that make a difference. This position will require you to collaborate as part of a team of talented developers who deliver outcomes via Development, Security and Operations (DevSecOps) practices.
Ideal skills and experience
- Development and maintenance of web applications, comprising of the following skills:
- Ruby and Ruby on Rails;
- Integrating open source components.
- Development and maintenance of web services, comprising of the following skills:
- Modern Java with experience in, or a desire to learn, Kotlin;
- Integrating open source components and applications; and
- Experience with OAuth2 for endpoint security and authorisation.
- A strong commitment to delivering high quality, secure software including:
- Collaboration via Git and GitHub;
- Utilising automated code testing/linting (Unit tests, Integration tests, Feature tests, Brakeman, Rubocop, etc); and
- Participation in full peer review for all code developed by the team.
- Delivery and maintenance of operational environments:
- Deployed on scalable, highly available and secure Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies;
- Infrastructure as code, primarily focused on CloudFormation;
- Building and deploying Docker containers; and
- Ensuring accurate logging, monitoring and metrics are provided for the business.
- A desire to learn new languages, technologies and concepts as required.
- Following processes for testing and implementing system changes to ensure operational uptime and security of our environment is maintained.
- Authoring concise, easy to understand technical documentation.
- Willingness to research new technologies and share outcomes with the team.
- Knowledge of authentication, authorisation and identity security standards, in particular:
- OAuth2 and OpenID Connect;
- SAML and SAML federations, ideally utilising Shibboleth components; and
- Administration of Active Directory/ADFS or Azure Active Directory environments.
- Assisting tier 1 and 2 support staff to resolve complex issues for clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) on technical and non-technical topics with team members, AAF subscribers and international collaborators.
- Working independently and effectively on tasks.
- Excellent organisational skills including an ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
We understand that you might not have experience in everything that we’ve listed here. If you feel like you’d be a good fit for the role please still apply, we’re very much open to helping engaged, friendly team members to skill up.
Tertiary qualifications in computer science, information technology or engineering together with industry experience.
AWS related certifications will also be highly regarded.
Please DO NOT APPLY BY CONTACTING US DIRECTLY for this position. Instead of that, the following data, created by a binary-to-text encoding scheme, should be used to assist you in submitting your application.
Please no recruiter calls/emails regarding this position.