Head Office: Melbourne
WFH: Available the majority of the time / you can work remotely, with scope for in-office collaboration (travelling interstate if necessary)
Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $120 - $170k (including super)
Chargefox are changing the way that Electric Vehicle charging works across Australia. Help shape the technical direction of the platform, as we scale. Melbourne Office with hybrid and remote options.
We’re Australia’s largest and fastest growing electric vehicle (EV) charging network, we’re Australian owned and operated, and we’re committed to making charging simple, affordable and fast for all Aussies because simpler charging means more EVs on the road, and that’s a very good thing. We’re on a mission to get 100% of road transport to be powered by renewable energy.
We launched in 2017, and since then have managed more than 500,000 charging sessions on over 2,500 plugs across Australia and New Zealand. Across those sessions, we’ve dispensed over 5GWh of electricity, which is enough electricity to power the average household for decades.
Why it’s good
- We’re building software for the EV market across a variety of platforms, from web-based portals for our partners, to the Chargefox mobile app used by EV drivers.
- We’re building software systems that need to be stable and able to scale as we grow. That creates some interesting technical challenges for you to get involved with.
- We’re a passionate team, who love what we do, concentrating on building high quality code using engineering practices and techniques such as unit testing, TDD, Clean Code, refactoring, design patterns, pair programming (as appropriate) and applying a devops approach.
- You’ll be working for a well established, well funded and growing startup that can affect change in the real world.
Who we’re looking for
Before we begin…If you don’t tick every box, please don’t rule yourself out. We’ve seen the research showing that women and other people in underrepresented groups tend to apply when they tick all the boxes. We prioritise hiring incredible humans over ticking boxes – so if this role resonates, please click ‘apply’ so we can talk more about the role.
You have solid experience:
- Building software across the full stack, and probably have a preference for one or the other.
- Working with a variety of the modern tools used for CI/CD pipelines and ideally have experience with AWS or other cloud based technologies.
- Building quality software and using techniques like Test Driven Development, refactoring, design patterns, unit testing etc.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys working with a variety of different technologies and technical challenges and will be able to hit the ground running to deliver features and also will be able to help us evolve our platform for scale. You will also contribute to our mobile app written in React Native and we’re considering expanding into other technologies so knowledge and experience in other languages/frameworks such as Go, Node, Lambda will be advantageous.
We’re looking for engineers, rather than coders. Someone who loves to collaborate across teams, and is always curious. It’s a complex challenge which involves working both tactically and strategically, building both short term capabilities and planning for longer term initiatives to fulfil our vision. You’ll need to be across multiple data sources to inform your technical decisions.
How we like to work
At Chargefox, we are big believers in a pragmatic and agile approach to software development. You will be participating in team stand-ups, retrospectives and occasional pair-programming. We are based in Melbourne, and we have adopted a flexible employment arrangement. You will be able to work remotely, either locally or Interstate. Because we value collaboration, we look forward to welcoming you when you visit our offices to spend time with your colleagues on a semi-regular basis.
Our company values are really important to us and we look for people who align with these, so we really hope they resonate with you too:
Sustainability (First for a reason!), Customer Focus, Safety, Transparency, Integrity and Collaboration
We’re a growing startup, making a difference to climate change by stimulating EV growth and powering them by renewable energy. We’re backed by some great Australian businesses, with investment by the motoring clubs (RACV, NRMA, RACQ, RAC, RAA, RACT) via their wholly owned Australian Motoring Services (AMS). Our small team is proud to work for us, and we hope you will be too.
Chargefox is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting, retaining and developing our people irrespective of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community
We look forward to hearing from you.