2018.09.28 09:30 [Adelaide] Ruby on Rails InstallFest

Ruby on Rails InstallFest

When: September 28, 2018 at 09:30
Where: University of South Australia - Room MC1-05 UniSA, Mawson Lakes
RSVPs: 26

Do you want to learn how to develop web applications using Ruby on Rails and have no idea where to start? You are invited to attend the free Ruby on Rails InstallFest, an initiative by reinteractive (http://www.reinteractive.com/).

What is it about?

This is your opportunity to get your laptop or computer set up with a full Ruby on Rails development environment. Most importantly, it's a FREE service!

Bring your Windows, Mac or Linux laptop, our team can help get you running on any of these.

Once your laptop is set up, we get you building your own blog powered by Ruby on Rails. By the end of the workshop, you should have this up and running, online and published on the Internet.

For those who finish early, we will add authentication to our app so users can sign up, sign in, reset password, etc. This will teach you about Ruby gems; which are a code library of useful tools that you can drop straight into your Rails application to gain instant functionality.

I'm a professional Rails Developer, can I help mentor?

Yes, we are always looking for experts to come along and help. Just send us an email (community@reinteractive.com) or RSVP to let us know you'd like to come along.

How do I find the venue?

There is parking available all along University Boulevard which runs along one end of the building. Google Maps shows the view of the building from the front: https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Materials+%26+Minerals+Science+(MM+Building)/@-34.8092002,138.6161411,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x6ab0b6f3371089f5:0x90fc59b42a9ab973!8m2!3d-34.8092002!4d138.6183298

You can access this road directly from Main North Rd and driving down University Blvd/Mawson Lakes Main street. It's the road that runs behind Mawson Lakes hotel. You can also access the Blvd from Elder Smith Drive which also connects to Main North Road.

Note: replies in this topic are synchronized with the meetup event comments