About the company
Join a business that is changing the market for electricity in Australia.
At GreenSync we are transforming energy grids into marketplaces. By doing this our customers can avoid the significant costs and environmental impact of building additional infrastructure by leveraging energy resources that already exist. We have lofty ambitions to be the connector of millions of smart distributed energy resources, and, if we’re successful we will contribute to increasing the amount of renewable energy in the grid. We think that’s got to be a good thing for the planet and for society. This means that in our team you’ll get to solve challenging and complex problems and do good at the same time.
As an organisation we operate like a startup, even though we have been around for 10 years, and leverage the most suitable elements of Agile, Lean, Scrum, and Basecamp. We’re more interested in using the right solution for the problem, not subscribing to a methodology for the sake of it. Our engineers use the most suitable tools to solve a problem, not the latest shiny thing just because they can. We’re always open to introducing new technologies if there is a clear return on investment - after all, that’s what we believe good engineering to be.
We deploy onto cloud infrastructure, via the twelve-factor app methodology. Our infrastructure is built and maintained in Terraform, and our pipelines automatically deploy through our environments.
About the position
We are looking for a Ruby engineer to join our team and take ownership of delivering features and improvements that add meaningful value to our clients, working on our deX (decentralized energy exchange) platform. You’ll get to build software in Docker, run systems in Kubernetes, and test the heck out of all of it. You’ll definitely write a lot of code in Ruby and store information in PostgreSQL. We think our full-stack engineers will most likely have around 3 years of experience with Ruby and will be keen to work across the whole stack. You’ll most likely love code but have an eye for good design and can turn your hand to front end work if needed. Alternatively, you may come from a solid front end background but have an interest in working across the full stack.
We think you will be:
- A professional with a good understanding of contemporary development processes.
- Someone with a personal growth mindset, someone who seeks their own solutions rather than waiting to be told what to do.
- Proud of your code, and happy to support your own products if need be.
- A true collaborator who values the opinions and experiences of others.
- Not afraid to ask for help.
- Someone who believes that simple, understandable and sustainable will always win.
Our nice to haves are:
- Experience in a remote working environment
- Experience with platform / infrastructure development tools (e.g. GCP, Docker, Kubernetes).
- Prior experience with front end technologies
- Knowledge of / experience with ReactJS
- Prior experience in a tech startup and / or a Product company
So if working with a business that is leading the industry, and with people that are focused on building high-quality products that improve our world sounds good to you, you’ll be excited to have found a great team, a caring company, and a progressive business.
If you are interested in learning more about this role please contact Scott Comte at email@example.com.