TITLE: [Job] Full-Stack Developer @ Jora - Melbourne / Sydney
To apply for this role go to: https://smrtr.io/4F3QT
Who is Jora?
Jora.com is an Australian based job search engine with a mission to make it as simple and intuitive as possible for job seekers. Helping job seekers worldwide, our ambition is to continue to expand internationally and become the preferred job search destination worldwide. A true start-up, Jora is a new member of the SEEK family, which means we’re backed by the strength of a global leader.
We have built a site that processes millions of job requests per day and user sessions a month (and growing). In addition, we index millions of jobs and keep our users informed through daily job related emails. All of this together makes us the 3rd largest online employment marketplace in Australia. We use open source technologies to build our platform that crawls thousands of sites globally. To enable all of this we need to think, do and learn quickly. Everyone contributes ideas which are then assessed for potential value and prioritised.
Hard working, open minded, Jora people love new technologies and learning from each other. As a small company we love our very flat and collaborative organisation. The team at Jora comes in all shapes and sizes and our growing team has over 10 different nationalities!
What does the role involve?
Working in one of our autonomous, cross-functional squads, you will make a significant technical contribution to the successful delivery of the various business priorities as well as continuous improvement of our technical platforms. As part of the Jora team, you’ll enjoy working in a start-up culture with the backing and support of a larger company. We are hardworking, open-minded and passionate about crafting phenomenal products and delivering real value for our users.
You’ll play a meaningful role in:
- Working on a high-volume online traffic site
- Building applications that scale for rapid international growth
- Protecting the security and privacy of the user data and architecture
- Have real involvement in the business direction of the product
- Be across the full development cycle
Some of the technology we’re using includes:
- Ruby on Rails
- JS/TypeScript and Node.js
- PostgreSQL and Redis
- Docker, Cloudformation/CDK and Ansible
- All aspects of AWS
Who are we looking for?
For this role, we have a very open mind in terms of specific work experience. If you have the right mindset and capabilities, then we strongly encourage you to apply.
Here are some things we would regard highly:
- Significant backend development experience (Ruby on Rails would be nice)Significant frontend development experience
- Pride yourself on strong fundamentals and software craftsmanship
- Passionate about writing testable, effective and communicative code
- Able to architect and build highly available, scalable, secure and performant systems
- Good understanding of data modelling, design patterns, and ability to make decent trade-offs
- Strong knowledge of data and application security
- Strong knowledge of and experience with infrastructure (AWS would be nice)
- Solid experience in agile software development practices
As a team member we value the following traits:
- Curiosity and joy in learning new things (if you don’t know something - you find out. If you can’t do something - you learn)
- A keen interest in the overall business context and building great user experiences
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Experience in a start-up / scale-up environment
What other perks & benefits do we offer?
As part of the Seek family, all Jora employees enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- Profit Share, Employee Share Scheme, Free income protection insurance, the ability to purchase additional annual leave and more!
- Regular brown bag and Empower sessions covering a variety of topics with industry-leading guest speakers
- Hackathons every 6 months including the whole company
- Year-round sporting and cultural activities with something for everyone!
- Free travel insurance for you & your family
Here at Seek we pride ourselves on harbouring a flexible and inclusive working environment. Should you require any specific supports or adjustments throughout the recruitment process and beyond, please advise us and we will be happy to assist.